Sunday 25 January 2009

mysociety.org = Wow

Man , the internet is big.. I've been trying to find every major player and attempt at what we are doing. Everytime I think I think I've seen everything I find another project that has been alive for years and is thriving with it's own collection of tools and users.

However, this is the closest that I have found to the ideas that interest me:


Some of the political sites they have created are amazing, allowing things like:

  • GroupsNearYou helps you find local blogs/groups with 
  • TheyWorkForYou gives you info on local MPs and officials, then you can WriteToThem
  • FixMyStreet Report, view, or discuss local problems (eg. graffiti, fly tipping, broken paving slabs, or street lighting)
For a more in-depth introduction, watch this lecture (45mins)

No comments:

Post a Comment